Oct 25, 2019 | Native Hope
We are launching a peer-to-peer fundraising program! Many of you are already passionate donors and supporters. We want to maximize your impact in Indian Country, so we have created more opportunities not only for you to share Native Hope’s mission with your friends and family but also to raise money for Native youth and communities.
Now, you can launch a fundraising page and choose an area of our work for which you would like to raise funds: youth and community outreach, our Fellows program, and/or our vision work. You set your goal and then see if you can reach it!
One Journey. One Family.
Together, we have been on a journey: one with boots on the ground and storytelling online to spread awareness. However, Indian Country needs vast support.
You, our community of supporters and friends, inspire us to continue working in Indian Country. You can help bring resources, opportunity, and cultural revitalization to Native American youth and communities. Together, we’re changing the narrative and working for positive change and healing. We want you to have as much information as possible about the work you support and make a reality.
Youth and Community Outreach
Native Hope is deeply invested in our local area. South Dakota is home to nine reservations—the Očeti Sakowin, they vary in size, but all exhibit the same types of needs.
There are needs for basics like food, heat, school supplies, medicine, and transportation. There are also more intangible needs like youth mentorship, community building opportunities, and resources like parenting classes.
Native Hope remains committed to working at the local level through direct engagement, sponsorship, and volunteering.
We give young Native Americans access to mentorship, offer support to successful leaders from within and beyond their communities, and support opportunities centered around empowerment.
We also offer boots-on-the-ground assistance for Native youth and their families. Projects include:
- Community cleanup
- Constructive activities for youth
- Opportunities to teach healthy living skills
- Flood relief funds
- Meth home remediation funds
- Healthy snacks and meals for community events
- Baseball field funds for a remote area of the Crow Creek Reservation
- Cultural presentations and mural projects in schools
- Youth media training and storytelling project for Nambe youth
- Backpacks with school supplies for elementary children
Your support for Native Hope Fellows program lifts up Native leaders and helps them rebuild their communities.
Through your donations, individuals in this program receive funds and opportunities to develop their vision and improve Indian Country. Over their 12-month commitment, Native Hope Fellows receive tools, resources, and capital to launch or sustain their vision.
Each Fellow possesses a unique passion and high level of commitment toward advancing their initiative. Beyond reinvesting their fellowship dollars into communities, they share their knowledge, time, and talents with Native youth and organizations.
Because of the Fellows program, Native leaders have been able to:
- Sustain proven Native youth programming
- Fight against epidemics of suicide, addiction, and unemployment facing Native communities
- Encourage Native leadership
- Speak and educate Natives and non-Natives about the strength of Native culture
- Dismantle existing barriers by providing resources where resources are needed
Vision Work—Changing the Narrative for Native Americans
Native Hope envisions a world with NO barriers for Native Americans.
This is central to our mission and drives our effort to raise awareness about what life is actually like for Native Americans today. In order to eliminate barriers, we have to educate about what the existing barriers are.
When you support our vision work, you help to address the injustice done to Native Americans. We dismantle barriers, bring healing, and inspire hope through the power of storytelling and impactful resources like our blog, our educational resources, and our podcast. Together, we inspire a national conversation on the untold story of Native America and address the real issues that Native people in communities face.
- Transform misconceptions of Native people
- Support educational opportunities that encourage understanding and unity
- Create valuable educational resources like our resource for Native allies
- Sustain our ability to tell valuable stories
- Encourage cultural revitalization for Native communities
- Raise the voices of Native people, today and for future generations
Stand with Us
With your help, we can spread the word about the needs and challenges of Native American communities and keep this movement for healing growing.
Check out our new peer-to-peer fundraising page and start a campaign today!